Operating since 1976 and with over 170 stores across Australia, New Zealand and Singapore (and growing!), Bed Bath N’ Table is a true Australian owned business success story.
This is an exciting and rare opportunity for an experienced IT Operations Manager who has the right blend of people/leadership skills and IT know how (operational and strategic) necessary to inspire a small team and manage the overall IT infrastructure and IT operations.
Now is the time to join our business whilst we are about to commence a large infrastructure refresh project that will allow the successful candidate to sink their teeth into and make their mark with establishing new standards.
Working from our Support Office based in Hawthorn and reporting to our CIO, the main responsibilities of this position will be:
- Overall management of all Information and Communications infrastructure, including monitoring, implementation and support of hardware and software, fault finding, and resolution.
- Manage Active Directory, Group Policy and laptop/desktop/server SOE.
- Physical server configuration, backup and recovery of Virtual servers.
- Storage management and maintenance, capacity planning.
- Firewall configuration and architecture of data communications, VPNs, links and related appliances across all sites.
- Establish IT Business Continuity plan and strategies to recover from service or site loss.
- Lead and manage IT infrastructure projects and solutions including the implementation and transition into ongoing support through the service desk.
- Work with 3rd party IT Vendors/Suppliers to manage Service Contracts, SLA’s and licensing and to negotiate best value for equipment, consulting, implementation.
- Leadership and mentoring of our established helpdesk team including our Service Desk Manager.
- Optimise Service desk incident management process, escalation of issues and service levels.
- Perform and lead root cause and problem analysis to understand or prevent performance problems and issues causing outages on hardware and systems.
- Ensure availability and currency of key technical documents such as network diagrams, as built documentation, site photos, vendor lists, etc.
- Share the IT support mobile phone on a roster, to provide after-hours remote support for broad issues, providing fault rectification or escalation to the appropriate party where appropriate (remuneration is available for out of hours activity)
The Perfect Profile
We are proud of our unique, privately owned business model and we are therefore looking for someone who has a passion and a strong understanding of how a family run business operates.
You are approachable, have a “can-do” attitude and the confidence to step in when needed. You are a skilled communicator, who can model the behaviours that are needed to keep the business moving forward with minimal fuss.
We are also looking for a candidate that has the following skills and experience:
Skills and experience:
- Tertiary qualifications in IT or a related discipline is essential as well as vendor aligned certifications
- Minimum 10 years in a IT Infrastructure or Senior IT Support related experience in leading teams and managing projects
- Strong knowledge of Network Design, Systems Architecture, LAN, WAN, Management tools and software
- Experience in designing and architecting enterprise infrastructure and application services/ platforms
- IT Vendor management experience
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Relationship building and communication skills
- Strong customer service values and empathy
- Retail Industry experience or working in a business with large number of locations
At Bed Bath N’ Table, we are one big family. In addition to a friendly and supportive team environment, we can provide you with a competitive remuneration package and great product discount, a growing, positive and challenging work environment, and an opportunity to make a real impact in the ongoing success and direction of the business.
If you’d like to join our team during an exciting time of growth, please submit your resume.